Performing a thorough physical assessment on patients is a critical skill for any EMS provider. This session will focus on the various techniques associated with performing a thorough physical assessment. Participants will perform and become comfortable with the elements of this physical assessment.
Type of Session: Breakout session
Intended Audience: ALS, BLS providers
– Participant skill practice
Presentation Length: 60 – 90 minutes
NCCP Category: Trauma Triage
- Participants will be able to discuss common obstacles associated with failing to perform a thorough physical assessment.
- Participants will be able to list the steps of a thorough physical assessment.
- Participants will be able to perform a thorough physical assessment.
What makes me qualified to present this topic?
- Lead Instructor for one of the largest accredited paramedic programs in the Rocky Mountain Region. Have refined and cultivated this presentation by teaching this subject within our curriculum to over 70 paramedic candidates annually.
- Some EMS providers may not have been properly trained to perform a thorough hands-on physical assessment. Using a modified form of neurolinguistic programming (sorry for the big word…), this presentation will allow participants to work through the components of a thorough hands-on physical assessment.