There’s a reason why scaffolding is used in construction. It provides essential support until the structure can stand on its own. The same holds true for prehospital learning. Want to know how instructional scaffolding increases your student’s ability to quickly master and apply complex concepts? Come learn how instructional scaffolding can improve your educational platform, while simultaneously doubling the amount of information your students can learn
Type of Session: Breakout session
Intended Audience: Educators
Presentation Length: 60-90 minutes
NCCP Category: Individual Component
- Participants will be able to describe the educational theory associated with instructional scaffolding.
- Participants will be able to identify the critical elements of instructional scaffolding.
- Participants will be able to determine potential opportunities to integrate instructional scaffolding into their educational programs.
What makes me qualified to present this topic?
- Lead Instructor for one of the largest accredited paramedic programs in the Rocky Mountain Region that has integrated instructional scaffolding into their curriculum.
- Based upon extensive research during my master’s degree in adult education, authored a thesis project to integrate instructional scaffolding into EMS education programs.
- Published an article on this subject in EMS World Magazine’s July 2019 issue. Also authored a follow-up article for EMS World Magazine which is currently going through the final editorial process prior to publishing.